Tuesday, December 13, 2005

the weirdness that comes with pregnancy

During my first class yesterday my sweet 8th grade girls class planned a surprise baby shower for me. I had no idea they were doing it and it totally caught me off guard. I'm shocked that they managed to keep it a secret from me since I overhear their conversations every day. Anyway, just before class another teacher came and got me and said, "Come with me for just a minute." While she took me down the hall making odd small talk the girls set up my classroom. Apparently they had asked the Middle School Principal to call me out for a bit but then when she got stuck in a meeting they just asked another teacher to do it. So I came back around the corner and the lights are out and I can hear them all giggling in my classroom. They screamed, "Surprise!" at the top of their lungs (which I am SURE that everyone in the school heard) and showered me with gifts and attention the whole period. Even if it was just to get out of doing work, I was honored and thrilled. I love my kids. They had gotten cake squares, made punch, sprinkled confetti all over the place, bought gifts, and even taken up a collection for a gift card to Babies R Us. And when it was time for class to end several cleaned everything up and others took the gifts to my car and tied balloons to the antennas and put the banners on the windshield. They are so sweet and as much as I hate to say it, I am going to miss them in April and May. I did get a lot of offers for babysitting though. Check out the pictures page; I put a few pics up last night. :)

I keep reading about how you're supposed to enjoy all of the attention that you get when you're pregnant because that is one of the last times that people pay attention to you instead of the baby, and I sure am enjoying it. I can imagine how Julianna is only going to get more attention when she arrives, but I can't imagine how that will bother me that she's getting the attention and I'm not. Ok, I know, I say that now and you think I will regret it later, but we'll just have to see.

Last night I looked in the mirror and noticed all of this nasty facial hair that I have started accumulating around the side burn area. At first it was hilarious and Jonathan and I had a good laugh, but then I kept looking at it and it just became disgusting! I look like a wooly mammoth! At least it's not dark though!

I have another doctor's appointment today. I also go back in a week and a half for the glucose screening test and then in January my appointments start every two weeks instead of every four. My arm hurts from the flu shot yesterday and they're going to tell me that I'm super fat today, but I guess I can't do anything but complain about that.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin