Monday, May 23, 2011

another one bites the dust

How is it already Monday?  Really.  I have no idea how the weekends can go by so quickly but they always manage somehow.  I spent a good chunk of time shuttling the kids around from place to place this past weekend.  After picking up the kids Friday afternoon we headed home and fixed a quick dinner.  Jonathan was recovering from surgery so we then headed to Target to pick up his prescription.  Josh and I were still struggling with a little cold and we all decided to head to bed early.

Saturday morning we got up early and headed to Fourth of July Park for the first Walk 4 Our Kids 5k.  The Foundation that this event raised money for helps local children who are battling cancer.  They provide meals for the families at Brenner's, help pay utility bills, and throw fun events for the kids in the ward.  My friend Vinny was there and his family is the one who began the foundation. It was extremely heart-warming to support a cause such as this and a good reminder of how fortunate my family has been ...not to mention that to have been pushing a 51 pound girl in the jogging stroller, I was pretty proud of myself for running almost the entire way.





After the walk we headed home for lunch and showers and then took off for Putt-Putt.  One of Julianna's friends from preschool was having her brithday party there and I have to admit, it was a lot fo fun.  When we got there everyone played one round of mini golf.  It's been a while since we've played and Julianna has improved a lot in her understanding of the game.  Even so, I was fully charmed by my child when, at the completion of the 18th hole she couldn't find her ball in the hole so she ran over to me and motioned for me to bend down to her level where she could whisper in my ear, "But Mama, where did that ball go?"






After the game of mini-golf we got to go inside and have cake and ice cream and watch the birthday girl open presents.  Even after that the kids got to play unlimited games in the arcade.  Jules had loads of fun and she says for her next birthday party she wants to go to Putt-Putt and then for the one after that and the one after that and ...





We went home to rest and relieve Jonathan from taking care of a whiney baby.  We skipped church so Josh wouldn't be arond other kids in the nursery and ordered pizza for dinner Saturday night.

Sunday was spent on another 7.5 mile bike ride with friends at my mom's house followed by a big salad bar lunch.  Then we attended another birthday party that included pizza and water guns in beautiful 87 degree weather that evening.  I am tired, but it really was a great weekend.


Questions of the Day:

-Do you know any children battling cancer?
-Where was your favorite place to have a birthday party when you were a kid?
-What is your favorite arcade game?


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin