Thursday, May 30, 2013

the impossible

We had a free Redbox code and I needed to blow off some steam/stress/goof off so we watched The Impossible last night.  Jonathan picked it out and brought it home and I had no involvement in the deceision whatsoever.  That was fine by me, so please don't think I'm complaining. 


I sobbed almost uncontrollably from the beginning right up until the very end and Jonathan kept passing me tissues and saying, "I'm sorry I picked this.  It's all my fault."

It's based on a true story, the story of a family dramatically impacted by the 2004 tsunami and the movie has won a lot of awards, especially the young actor who played the oldest son, Lucas.  I expect to see him again.

This movie isn't for everybody and I think you'd know it if it's one you shouldn't watch, but I loved it.  I recommend it and I just thought I'd spend my 15 seconds of free time this afternoon letting you know that.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin