Monday, July 12, 2010

the amazing race

Here's a little about our contestants.

First up we have Jumpin' Jules.  She's got that ferocious competitive look going on.  Ohhhh intimidating!



Our next contestant is Ain't no Joke Joshua who's trying his hardest to walk but for now gets around pretty great by just crawling everywhere.



The race is about to being.  Get ready!  And they're off!


Untitled from c525600 on Vimeo.



So we were goofing off this morning and I was marveling at how fast Joshua could crawl now.  We decided to have a race between him and Jules.  Obviously, he's not quite as fast as a four year old, but still he can get around.  He will also willingly let go of the couch to get to the coffee table and vice versa.

I guess I've never really written about the fact that Joshua has fully learned to crawl.  I don't think I've written about it because, well, Joshua learned to crawl and now he's keeping me really busy.  But I don't think I've mentioned it also because I never got his 8 month letter finished.  I started it multiple times but then got some kind of not-quite-virus-more-like-a-glitch with Microsoft Word (which is where I write my letters to my kids before I post them) and lost what I had begun.  Then I got depressed about not getting it done on time and then never returned to it.  Anyway, enough about my issues.

Josh can crawl!  He finally figured it out about four weeks ago.  We were at the beach and he wanted to get in to everything he could.  He was about 7 months and 3 weeks old.  As usual, I'm going to compare him to Julianna.  She was 9 months and 1 week old when she finally crawled and she walked the very next week.  She was much more content to just stay still than he is.  I have a feeling that is a more common characteristic of girls.

But what all this means to me is that if Josh were to walk at the same time that Julianna did then we should expect him to be walking within the next three weeks.  Yikes!  I don't think I'm ready for that.  No, not ready at all.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin