Tuesday, June 17, 2008

i suppose she could be calling me stupid-head

A while back I mentioned how Julianna had started calling me Courtney and Jonathan, Jonathan. It was irritating to say the least. However, it was only a short-lived phase. Now she's decided to call us Mom and Dad.

Can I tell you just how odd it is to hear a two-year old say, "What is that, Mom?" or "I want a snack, Mom!" Bizarre. It just doesn't sound right.

And I don't like it one bit.

She's my baby. Babies don't say, "Mom" and "Dad." Babies say, "Mama and Dada" or "Mommy and Daddy." Certainly not just Mom or just Dad.

I try to ignore it really and I don't correct her since I know it probably won't last and it's not impolite. It's just weird and I don't want her to sound so grown up!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin