- The event itself is a lot like Christmas. Runner's high is amazing. You also get the blues the week after the race is over. I haven't felt "down" in months. Just about three days after the race was over I started feeling like my best friend died. I didn't run for the whole week after and I missed it so much. I missed the schedule, the routine, the free time to just think.
- I'm kinder to my children when I have "me time" away from them. I started losing my patience with both kids a lot quicker the week after the half marathon. It must be good to be away from them 25 miles/week.
- I make some funny faces when I run.
- I am a much nicer person in general when I make myself go to bed at nine o'clock each night because I'm getting up early to run most mornings. I have no self-discipline to go to bed early when I don't HAVE to run the next morning.
- My family makes some darn good cheerleaders.
- It's a lot easier to decide what to eat when you know you don't have a 10 mile run scheduled for the next few days.