- First, he became a friend.
- Then he became a boyfriend.
- He got his degree.
- He started a new career and increased his salary each year.
- Later, he bought and moved into a new house.
- He became a husband.
- He moved into a new role at work.
- He tried a lot of hobbies (including rebuilding and restoring old cars, renting movies, playing racquetball, and running, among other things).
- He became a father.
Last but not least, I'm not great at writing poems but here's a silly ditty anyway.
My hubby dear is thirty today.
Let’s make it a special day for him.
Won’t you please go by his place and say “hey”?
Perhaps we’ll have a steak or go for a swim?
Although thirty years old seems like it’s a lot,
I can’t say too much that is mean
'cause next year I will be the same age
so what I write may come back to haunt me.
So Booger you’re finally thirty;
Happy birthday on the big 3-0.
I guess you could fill a great big book
with everything you’ve grown to know.
Today I’m wishing you another year
of laughter, relaxation and fun,
surprises, love and happiness,
and when your birthday’s done,
I hope you feel deep in your heart,
as your thirtieth comes and goes,
how very much you mean to me,
more than you can ever know!
Happy Birthday! I love you Booger!