Wednesday, April 25, 2007

thirteen months



Dear Julianna,

Wow! Mama is almost late getting this letter written to you this month. It has been a very, very busy month.

Today you are thirteen months old! I know I say this every month, but where the heck does time go? I *cannot* believe that in a month or two it will have been two years since I found out I was pregnant. Jules, the past few months with you have really made me look forward to having another baby. I smile just thinking about you playing with a sibling. For now I’m content enjoying you!

Last weekend we took you swimming for the first time. You had a blast! All of the VERY loud squeals and the smile on your face made my heart melt into a puddle. I can’t wait to see you at the beach this summer. There’s just something about having a baby that makes even the most basic things become fond memories.

This month you learned to shake your head vigorously as if to say “No!” and you nod emphatically in order to say “Yes!” Sometimes you do one when you clearly mean the other, but with a little prompting you figure it out quickly. You are learning how to communicate very well.

Your vocabulary is also growing (along with your little belly) and you have learned new dances this month and will perform for us any time music is played. You also love to blow the flute and whistles at Nanna and Papaw’s house although you’ve taken to calling Papaw “Pap” instead. You can make the sounds of a cow, duck, cat, and airplane now. I can’t even begin to recall all of the words you have spoken at one time or another although the only ones you speak regularly are “bye”, “Mama”, “ball”, and “Pap.”

I took you to our first “class” together at The Little Gym a few weeks ago. You were hilarious! When we first got there you watched the other kids through the window with the funniest expressions of pure amazement and intrigue on your face. When we went inside you got that all-too-familiar mischievous grin on your face as you ran away from me thinking that you were going to get chastised. When I just let you run you were simply delighted. You ran in three huge circles on the large floor mat and then climbed all over everything. When the group sang songs and marched in a circle you ran off and entertained yourself. When the other kids climbed under the parachute you watched from a safe distance and when everyone else blew bubbles and played with the bells you did your own thing wherever you wanted, but it was a blast to watch! I signed us up for the summer semester on the spot and I know that after just a few classes you will find a lot more joy (if that’s even possible) in going to The Little Gym each week.

A couple more things - We also had your picture taken this month by someone with a little more talent in the photography department than your daddy and I. They are absolutely beautiful! You are the cutest little girl ever! (And I’m not just saying that because I’m your mama. Just ask any of your grandparents and they will all agree.) Anyway, I will treasure these pictures forever as I remember how you were at one year old, because my goodness! Have I mentioned how fast time is going by?! Also, just look at your face! You’re adorable!

I made a very important decision this month, Doodle. Even though you don’t know it you were a big part of it. I was trying to decide about whether or not I should continue to teach in the fall. First and foremost, I want you to know that I considered you and how it would affect you in every aspect of making this decision. I struggled with it for the longest time. I had major anxiety about it and I became stressed every time I thought of it, but now that the decision is made I feel (and I sleep) so much better.

I decided to quit teaching after this school year and work from home in order to spend more time with you next year and to get you in a morning preschool program where you could have some interaction with other kids. I am excited about it and all the possibilities it will bring. We can go to “strollercize” at the local parks with other moms! We can go to toddler play groups! Without having to get ready for work every morning I should have more time to do other things, but yet I’ll still have an income to live off of. Without having to drive more than 60 miles each day just to get you to Nanna and Papaw’s and me to work we should be able to go other places on the gas in our gas tank and I can’t wait to see what life as a WAHM brings.

I love you baby.

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin