Wednesday, April 4, 2007

excuses no more!

Two weekends ago I had the Virus From H-E-DOUBLE-HOCKEY-STICKS. It seemed to be going around at the time and I have no idea how I got it, but I was miserable for about 48 hours. I was up all night leaning on the toilet and then stayed on the couch the entire next day afraid to eat a thing. It was the day before Julianna’s birthday and I had so been looking forward to that cake. Plus it was also the night before the first race I was signed up for. It was only a 5K but still, there was no way I was going to be able to run it. So I went and watched instead. By the next day I was feeling well enough to not cancel Julianna’s party (and I even ate half of a hot dog and a small piece of cake) but I didn’t run after that for a week.

That virus was the beginning of my demise. I slacked off completely on my running program and then I even had a few soft drinks when I was fighting the nausea. That lead to eating poorly, running none, and drinking more soft drinks the following week.

Anyway, I’ve got to get back on track. I think I’ve only had five soft drinks since that weekend (which means only five total since before Lent started) and I got back on track with my running by signing up for another 5K at the last minute this past Saturday. I felt pretty good about that and then I ran again yesterday. I only have a week and a half until I’m supposed to run the 10K and I’m feeling pretty nervous about that. But at least now all I really need to do is step up my training a little bit and get my diet back together. Wish me luck! I still have 17 pounds to lose

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin