Saturday, April 28, 2007

Ode to Thirty - The Final Part

Looking back over the last 10 years of Jonathan’s life, here are just a few of the things that I remember:
  • First, he became a friend.
  • Then he became a boyfriend.
  • He got his degree.
  • He started a new career and increased his salary each year.
  • Later, he bought and moved into a new house.
  • He became a husband.
  • He moved into a new role at work.
  • He tried a lot of hobbies (including rebuilding and restoring old cars, renting movies, playing racquetball, and running, among other things).
  • He became a father.
That’s a lot to do in ten years! I've enjoyed spending my twenties with him and I don’t have any regrets. I hope his thirties are just as good!



Last but not least, I'm not great at writing poems but here's a silly ditty anyway.

My hubby dear is thirty today.
Let’s make it a special day for him.
Won’t you please go by his place and say “hey”?
Perhaps we’ll have a steak or go for a swim?

Although thirty years old seems like it’s a lot,
I can’t say too much that is mean
'cause next year I will be the same age
so what I write may come back to haunt me.

So Booger you’re finally thirty;
Happy birthday on the big 3-0.
I guess you could fill a great big book
with everything you’ve grown to know.

Today I’m wishing you another year
of laughter, relaxation and fun,
surprises, love and happiness,
and when your birthday’s done,

I hope you feel deep in your heart,
as your thirtieth comes and goes,
how very much you mean to me,
more than you can ever know!

Happy Birthday! I love you Booger!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin