Thursday, July 11, 2013

update on goals

How did it get to be mid-July already? Seriously. Where did the time go?

Since we're halfway through the year I figured it would be a good time to check on my 2013 goal progress.

Here's the goals I set:
  • read 40 books
  • get more involved at church
  • run at least one half marathon and complete at least one triathlon
  • take my kids to Disney World
  • (re)read New Testament gospels: Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John
  • spend more time taking care of my physical living space
  • sell a bunch of my crafting junk
  • lose 15 more pounds and maintain that loss as well as the thirty I've already lost
  • plan a couple of trips to states I've never visited (not necessarily go, but at least plan)

Here's where I stand currently:
  • I'm only at 9 books when I should be at 20.
  • Not really any more involved at church besides being in a small group again.
  • I've done at least one half marathon and have already registered for 2 more, plus a triathlon.
  • Disney trip is scheduled.
  • Reading through the New Testament but I'll admit I'm wayyyy behind. I should be done by now but I'm still at the beginning of Luke.
  • Have made no progress whatsoever on taking care of our living space.
  • I've sold none of the crafty stuff.
  • I've almost maintained the 30 lb loss, well I'm within 8 pounds of it... still a work-in-progress...
  • We're going to Buffalo, New York later this month and while it's a state I've already been to I do think it will inspire some other travel ideas and maybe we'll get the itch to start planning.

Well!  That sure did get me a little discouraged, but also motivated.  Better go get something done!

How are you doing on your goals for this year? I’d love to have you share your progress on your goals in the comments. Let's encourage each other!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin