Monday, April 28, 2014

up to

reading
Since my race I have been spending my extra time reading which has been every bit of glorious.  I've read Swimming at Night by Lucy Clarke, Wonder by J. Palacio, and Tomorrow There will Be Apricots by Jessica Soffer.  All three books were wonderful, but I highly recommend Wonder. Fabulous story!

Source


celebrating
We got a sitter and went out on Sunday night to celebrate Jonathan's birthday.  We ate at Village Tavern and then saw Divergent.  It was such an enjoyable evening.  We took this horrible picture of us with peppermints in our mouths so we look like old chipmunks. Oh well.



counting
There are only 32 days of school left since our county waived 4 student days. We had so much bad weather this year that we were scheduled to get out of school on June 11th and now it is June 13th.  If the school board had not voted to waive those other four make-up days then we would be getting out on June 19th. Despite the waived student days, teachers still have to work until June 26th.  That's 9 teacher work days after school is already out for summer.  No one needs 9 work days after students are gone. We need them in the beginning of the year, not at the end.  Fortunately, my principal is working hard to ensure that teachers can earn enough trade/swap/comp time before then so that they don't have to come all 9 of those workdays.

planning
I've been spending a lot of time thinking about what happens next in my life.  Finishing the marathon has left me with a lot to think about. I've been pondering my next races and then there's the fact that Julianna will probably change schools next year. That has left me wondering what I should do for school next year.  I have struggled this year, both professionally and with family/work balance. Josh has one year until he starts Kindergarten and then I wouldn't need to work full-time.  Lots to think about!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin