Wednesday, May 3, 2006

working moms: how do they do it?

Today has been a weird day. Julianna only slept four hours for her long stretch last night, but at least then she went three and three so I was able to get at least seven hours of slept. I can live with that. Then I had a tummy ache this morning and I was feeling really weak. So I cheated on my diet. Not good. I will have to get things together for the rest of the day and start again tomorrow. I have made some efforts to get things packed for the beach. I have also done some laundry, written some thank you notes and washed the dishes.

Julianna has had an uneventful day. She's done the typical- poop, pee, sleep, cry, eat, poop, pee, sleep, cry, eat. I am anxious to see how much she weighs now. She was 8 pounds, 8 ounces at her two week check-up. That was four ounces up from her birth weight which is great. I think that she's over 9.5 pounds now judging by me holding her on my bathroom scales and then subtracting my weight.

I would be going back to work on Monday if I hadn't taken the rest of the year off without pay. That means that there are only four weeks of school left. I can't believe how much time flies. I am very glad that I'm not going back to school this school year though. I don't know how I would do it. I don't know who would keep Jules. I don't know how I would manage to keep up breastfeeding her. I couldn't really pump at school since I teach straight from 9:50 until 3:00 pm with only a short break for lunch. I admire the diligence of all of those women that do go back to work after their six weeks is up. We'll be a little short on money, but we'll manage somehow. Well, that's all I have for today.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin