Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

He taught me how to shuffle a deck of cards, he came to my rescue when I had my first flat tire a mile from my high school, he read the paper in the passenger seat without saying a word about my heavy breaking and gas-pedal pushing while I drove to school with only my permit, he made me always carry a twenty dollar bill in my sock in case of emergencies, he told me The Bear Skunk River until he had to have been sick to death of it, and now he walks my daughter to the pier and to feed the ducks every single trip to the beach and he takes my son for walks around the neighborhood every chance he gets.

I love you, Dad!  I enjoyed getting to eat breakfast with you this morning before you left for work.  Even amongst the chaos.  Happy Father's Day!




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin