Wednesday, March 30, 2011

snakes and snails and puppy dog tails

Yes, at almost eighteen months into parenting a BOY I am still learning and adjusting to the differences. 

Last week Josh had three minor accidents and one pretty major one.  On Thursday he was standing on my mom's bed and stepped on the pillow.  His foot slipped and he smashed his face on the iron headboard.  Mom called Jonathan and he took Josh to the emergency room.  He had to have four stitches in his lower lip and the area just below his lip.

Poor baby.






Took it like a champ though.  I am so thankful that he was surrounded by good people and I am thankful that Jonathan was able to sit with him at the ER.  I'm not sure how I would have handled my baby being strapped down to a table with a paper cloth spread across his face so that he couldn't even see.




He was on antibiotics for a week to prevent infection and we had to keep antibiotic ointment rubbed on his lip.  He didn't mess with it too much and fortunately didn't really seem bothered by the stitches that they left hanging pretty long.



He got his stitches out yesterday at the pediatrician's office.  He cried and cried while she cut them out.  Now it looks really good.  Everything seems to have healed pretty well.



I'm sure it will be the first of many hospital visits with our little boy, but I hope and pray that if we do have to deal with an accident like this one again it go as well as this one did.



Still being a total boy while big sister was trying to read him a book.




1 comment:

Anna Ruth said...

I'm so glad he is okay.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin