Monday, March 21, 2011

you wanna know what's neat?

It's totally neat that my daughter has learned how to read.  What's even cooler is that her little brother has only just now taken an interest in books.  Unlike Jules as a baby, Josh would never even glance in the general direction of a book, much less sit in your lap for you to read one.  Now he'll bring them to me and say, "book!"  He likes me to read to him now.  He still has the typical attention span of a seventeen month old, but at least he'll let me start reading lots of different books several times a day.

But!

The coolest thing of all is that we've sort of been swapping out all of the chapter books that we've been reading with Jules and moving the shorter, simpler toddler books back to the front of the shelves so that she can read them herself and Josh has begun to love them too.

It's the little things that make me happy.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin