Sunday, October 30, 2011

Bugs!

I had the fabulous privilege of hosting a HEXBUG Nano Halloween party at my house last weekend.  It was an absolute blast.  If you haven't seen these things yet, you should really come over and play with them because they're a lot of fun.  HEXBUG has created the most realistic little battery powered toys made to look like insects and habitats for them to crawl around in.  They sent me a kit and we invited friends over to play.






My kids and I opened the box right away and of course we had to open up a couple of the bugs to play with right then.  I tried to tell them to wait, we're going to have a party, yadda yadda yadda but they weren't having it.  We played with them a few minutes and got started planning the party right away.

HEXBUG sent game ideas and recipes for hosting the party and we loved the ideas.  We served Mummy Dogs, Swamp Punch, and Graveyard Dip with Veggies.  Even the adults enjoyed playing with the bugs and my engineer husband commented on how well the parts of the track were made (especially in comparison to some recent assembly of popular toy pet tracks).




We had a variety of kids from 18 months to 10 years old over and we played with the bugs and built tracks for them to crawl on.  We kept making the track bigger and bigger and having to move it from one room to another.





Julianna already had one of these Nano bugs that my mom had given her about 9 months ago.  She loved it so much that the battery had already run out and she had just saved up enough money to buy a new bug on her own.  The second bug she purchased was one of the larger ones.  You may have seen them advertised on TV.  The one she bought is called an ant and it is just downright creepy how realistic it is.  So obviously when I heard about these Limited Edition Zombie bugs and the possibility of hosting this party I jumped on the opportunity as fast as I could. 


We definitely enjoyed this experience and I would highly recommend these little creatures as stocking stuffers, etc.  I can't think of anyone who wouldn't love playing with them.

Disclaimer: I was not compensated to write this post. I was sent a HEXBUG Nano Halloween house party kit in the mail and asked to post one photo on Facebook in exchange for the products. I am writing this post on my own accord because I truly enjoyed the party and wanted my readers to know about the products. The opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin