Tuesday, December 3, 2013

links i love

I find that I'm spending less and less time on the internet these days and more and more time living life. Still, there are a few things I've found of note lately and I thought I'd share them here.  You may or may not be interested.

This is a local news story about one of the mentors from one of the Fleet Feet running groups. Inspiring and encouraging and certainly worth the time to watch.

-----

Did you know that you can make blood donation appointments online? You can find the closest blood drive or bloodmobile and schedule it easily through the Red Cross website.  There is a great need during the holiday season when people tend to get too busy to donate and I am looking forward to going again after having to take a year off because of our trip to Mexico last year.

-----

I've been using this site a lot in my classes at school lately. You can create a fake text message with it to show to people. It's a lot of fun and I can imagine using it at home for undercover Santa messages as well.

-----

I heard about this site through Julie and knew right away it would be wonderful.  UnRoll.Me finds all of the email subscriptions you have like Amazon emails or organization newsletters and then it recommends you condense them into one email. You can choose which ones you want condensed and which ones you want to leave as it. Of course, if you don't want to do that you can skip that step and just manage your subscriptions from one place. Love it!

-----



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin