Thursday, December 26, 2013

toying with goodbye

My little slice of the internet has served me well over the last seven years. Now it seems that all of the reasons I was writing here are either non existent anymore or replaced with something else. I mean, mostly I used the blog to remember things that have happened in my life. A scrapbook of sorts, to document memories. But I also used it for therapy and as a place to express my feelings so that I could sort them out and then look back on them when I needed to.

I keep thinking about not posting anymore. It's so much easier to post a picture to Instagram these days or write a short Facebook status update. However, I can't seem to do it. I can't seem to quit the blog. I know that what I write here isn't the same as it used to be but I've never wanted to create this space for anyone other than myself and my family. And although I have certainly used it to interact with other people and I've definitely enjoyed sharing things that I've run across and thought were useful, my ultimate purpose was just to have a personal space to write. So.  I think I keep deciding to keep it no matter what it morphs into being.

Now that I've gotten that off my chest I thought I'd share a few pictures from our Christmas. It truly was a good one this year and I am so very thankful for our many blessings. I hope it was a merry Christmas for all of y'all as well!











1 comment:

merritt said...

Don't go! :) I like being able to stop by here as well as IG.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin