Wednesday, January 1, 2014

goals, version twenty fourteen

Last year I resolved to

(Achievements in parentheses)
  • read 40 books (not by a long shot, only 23 I think)
  • get more involved at church (small group leaders each week = CHECK)
  • run at least one half marathon and complete at least one triathlon (CHECK, CHECK, CHECK, and CHECK)
  • take my kids to Disney World (CHECK)
  • (re)read New Testament gospels: Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John (I made it all the way through Matthew and almost finished Mark. Then I stopped.)
  • spend more time taking care of my physical living space (big FAIL)
  • sell a bunch of my crafting junk (another FAIL)
  • lose 15 more pounds and maintain that loss as well as the thirty I've already lost (maintain? CHECK, lose more? not a bit)
  • plan a couple of trips to states I've never visited (not necessarily go, but at least plan) (NOPE)
Well, it looks like I did a poor job of meeting my goals for this year. It actually seems to be the worst year I've done with resolutions in a long time.

Now that I've written it all out it inspires me to do better this year. Which brings me to...

2014 GOALS:
  • drink less coffee
  • run a marathon
  • read 40 books
  • spend less money on crap I already have
  • wear my hair in a ponytail less
  • finally get rid of the Appletini mix that's been in my fridge since something like 2007
  • lose 15 more pounds (unfortunately, I think this one holds a permanent spot on my resolution list)
Now, let's be real. All of these resolutions will take up about 5% of my goal-setting-and-keeping energy except that second one. That second one will take an obscene amount of work and I'm scared to death of it, but I'm going to do my best.  Then maybe next year my resolutions for 2015 can be a tad more specific and measurable than "wear my hair in a ponytail less."

Happy New Year, Y'all!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin