Wednesday, January 8, 2014

links i love

If you haven't joined Earndit yet, you totally should. You earn points for exercising and then redeem the points for cool prizes and products. Personally, I don't ever really redeem my points for products but I do enter the contests with my points. This month they're giving away a really amazing week-long trip to a resort in Utah plus $500 towards airfare.  My sister won a pretty nice coat from Marmot through Earndit and we didn't do anything besides the exercise that we would have already done anyway. So go sign up!

-----

Locals, this is what they're doing  near my house.



-----

I've been reading the YouVersion devotional about Elisha. It's teaching me a lot about having loads of FAITH and I'm finding it to be an encouraging study to do at the beginning of the year when many of us are starting new journeys and tackling new scary challenges (like marathon training). "Only God can send the water, but he wants you to dig the ditches." I highly recommend it!

-----

Our local library offers free music downloads through a site called Freegal.  They let you download three songs each week and they've got quite a selection.



-----

Another one for locals: The Big Eat is back again for 2014 and lots of restaurants are on board. Check it out and go get some good food!

-----

This one is not really a link but I have to include it anyway.  Dumb Ways to Die This app is free on Android (like most) and is entirely a time-waster, but alas [sigh] it is also addictive. If you're into mindless challenges for when you're sitting in a waiting room or a carpool line you should check it out.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin