Friday, August 29, 2014

happy for Friday

I've had such a crazy week.  The first week of school is always exhausting because it's well, the first week of school but it's also because it always comes right after a week of long hours for me. Last week I had long workdays full of meetings and three night-time opens houses to attend between my own school and my children's schools.

My running has been pitiful. I fall asleep on the couch as soon as I sit down at 9 pm each night.  I know things will get easier once the school year gets underway a little more and the routine is established, but for now it's just been hard. Nevertheless, here are some things that have been making me happy this week.



This is my produce box from Terrasol Farms.  It was only $15 and had gobs of local produce. The bell pepper alone was larger than my entire hand.



My girl has been struggling to adjust to a new school and a much more challenging environment.  She's a bit scared, a lot overwhelmed, and just generally tired herself but she made me the sweetest card on the first day and she's really taking it all in strides so I think we'll be OK.


Josh, on the other hand has been at his new school for over a week now. He seems to like it pretty well. At first he hated that they took naps every day but I think he's gotten used to it. He even kinda likes that they give him a short homework assignment each night.



I got my hair cut a week and a half ago and I still love it.

Also, NC teachers get paid today and while I have many complaints about how the salaries were determined for this year I did indeed get a raise (albeit small) and I'd forgotten how good it felt to get a pay raise.

This weekend is a long weekend! Hooray!

What's making you happy this week?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin