Tuesday, April 25, 2006

getting out and about

The little squirt is asleep in her swing again this morning. She must hate that thing. I am trying to grab some lunch while I have the chance although I still haven't had a chance to get a shower yet and it's past noon. We had a rough night last night. She woke me up around 3am to eat and then I couldn't get her to go back down she was SO SLEEPY she just couldn't make herself go to sleep. She would fall asleep and then her arms would jerk and she'd wake up and start to cry. It took me over an hour and fifteen minutes to get her back to sleep. Oh well. I suppose we'll have nights like that. I just wish there was some way around it.

We went to feed mom and dad's cats this morning and ran by school to drop off some receipts and stuff. Basically it was an exhausting journey, but tomorrow is only supposed to be 60 degrees so I wanted to get it out of the way. I have to carry so much stuff whenever we go anywhere and I also have to start getting ready at least a couple of hours in advance to feed her, change her and pack up the car. Anyway, lots of the kids got to see her this morning and they ohhhed and ahhhhed at her. Most people comment on her long fingers and her dark skin. But they don't need to tell me; I know that she is a beautiful baby. :)

Saturday at the mall she was mistaken for a boy. It didn't bother me and I don't even care enough to say anything. I can't believe that she is a month old now though. People say that they grow so fast and she has, but at the same time this month has seemed like an eternity. Sometimes I feel incompetent about how to care for her, but other times it just seems natural. I suppose God knew what He was doing when He blessed me with Jules so I will trust Him. OK, I gotta go eat before I starve!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin