Monday, January 17, 2011

Jonathan and I agreed a long time ago that we would go on a semi-big trip every five years to celebrate our anniversary.  For our five year anniversary we left 1.5 year old Julianna with Mamaw for a short trip to New York City.  Jonathan had never been there before and I was eager to go back.  Here are some pictures from that trip.

outside our hotel





We took a ride on one of those double-decker tour buses and Jonathan took a picture of our reflection in a building as we went by.




This is the church near the Twin Towers where victims were taken during the attacks on September 11th.





This is the World Trade Center viewing site.


We didn't actually make it over to the Statue of Liberty but this is a picture we took of the harbor.





NBC Studios M&M peacock

ice skaters at Rockefeller Plaza

Grand Central Station





our hotel room

Harry Potter made out of Legos!

Our ten year anniversary is in 2012 and I know it's early, but I'm so excited that I'm already ready to start planning it. We know we want to go someplace warm. I don't want to drive, although I'm sure Jonathan wouldn't mind, and we'll be going in mid-October.  I'd like to spend 5 days or more.  Suggestions?

One of my New Year's Resolutions this year was to set aside $300 each month in a vacation fund and end up with a total of $3600 by the end of 2011.  My college loans will be paid off at the end of March and I'm going to roll that payment over to my vacation fund. The hard part will just be trying to come up with the extra hundred dollars each month.  That and figuring out how to save in January, February, and March.

So what say you? Got any specific ideas for an anniversary vacation for us?  Please give me as much detail as you can, like hotel or resort names, things to see and expense amounts.



1 comment:

merritt said...

We got a fantastic deal through Costco Travel a few years ago and went to the Dominican Republic and stayed at an all-inclusive resort for 5 days. I think it was $2K or less. Also, Key West is fun. Or the Mexican Riviera, I hear, though I've never been.

Do you want to do all-inclusive? Get a condo with a kitchen? A cruise? What do you actually like to do while at the beach - be active, read, etc? That can help narrow down choices.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin