Sunday, January 23, 2011

there once was a good reason i called him Booger, but now i can't remember what it was

I've been up since five this morning with a sick little boy so if you don't want to read this incoherent rambling, I totally understand.  I'm actually pretty fortunate because Jonathan stayed up with him until five.

Jonathan's going to Japan for work in a few weeks and I've been thinking a lot about how different it will be around here without him.  I know it's going to be an amazing trip for him and yet, I dread him going.  He does so much to help around here.

For instance, right now he's with Julianna at The Children's Theater watching Eric Carle's The Very Hungry Caterpillar.  I keep wondering if Jules has been pronouncing it The Very Hungry Call-a-pitt-er or if she's finally figured it out by now.

After they go to the show they're hopefully going to go by Lowe's and buy us a new dishwasher. We've known ours has been on it's last leg for a year or so now, as it has gotten to where it makes the most heinous sounds that reverberate all over the neighborhood as it is running. Last night it finally bit the dust for good and I've done one load of dishes by hand today and that's about my limit.

Anyway, we've been doing a "Staying in Love" Bible Study with our Journey Group and I'm sure I haven't been doing a good job of it, but I've been trying to focus more on our relationship than I have been in the recent past.  I've been trying to schedule date nights and babysitters so that we can have some alone together time. 

When we went out last week he cracked me up when we were seated at our dinner table at a local restaurant one of the first things out of his mouth was, "All this glitter on the walls is kinda freaking me out."  The restaurant walls were painted with some sort of metallic paint that had glitter in it.



Well, the family is home from their Sunday afternoon outing so I better get going.  Julianna just told me while she was hugging on Jonathan's neck, "Mama, I love Daddy thhhhiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssssss much." stretching her arms out wide. 

Me too, Doodlebug.  Me too.

Nevermind that she then turned and really looked at me and said, "I only love you this much" holding her hands only a few inches apart.






1 comment:

Anna Ruth said...

I hope Joshua is feeling better and you are able to get some sleep. What an amazing trip for Jon. I know you will miss him greatly.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin