Thursday, August 11, 2011

my latest pirate adventure

We have quite the thing for pirates around here apparently.  

Anyway, a few weeks ago I got free tickets to Carowinds like I did last year and my sister, Jules and I headed south for some amusement park fun a couple of weeks ago.  It was so darn hot but we didn't let that stop us.  We rode roller coasters, kiddie rides, and water slides.  We ate frozen lemonade shaved ice and won stuffed animals at the crazy water shooter game.  We laughed at the couple with the giant banana that was so heavy it tipped over their stroller as soon as their kid got out.  The best part of the whole trip, in my opinion, was shortly after we arrived.




As soon as we entered the park, used the restrooms, and looked around a bit we got right on the first ride.  It was Snoopy's Flying Ace Aerial Chase, a pretty decent roller coaster.  It didn't go crazy or anything but it was one that shook your head around a lot up against the head safety bars.  It was the same ride we rode first last year and I remember being shocked that my 4 year old was pumped and excited afterward. It was a nice-size thrill ride for a kid.



Well, as soon as we jumped off that ride we found ourselves coming up on a pirate ship ride.  I knew from last year's experience at the beach that Julianna was fine with pirate ship rides (even the big ones) so we ran up and got right on as the ride was about to begin.  Probably thirty seconds into the ride I hear my sister say, "Um... does this thing go upside down?" right about the time I was thinking the exact same thing.



Needless to say, we were screaming, we were laughing, we were hanging on for dear life every time the ship reached the top.  Those things are a bit scarier when you're 33 than they were when you were 17 (especially with your 5yo "baby" next to you).  So there I was telling Jules over and over again that it was almost over and we could gradually feel it coming down but we were still laughing so hard that there were tears rolling down our cheeks and we were squeezing the lap bars so tight our knuckles were white.

Of course, we called Daddy to tell him the story of our crazy mistake right after we got our balance again.  Then we headed straight to the next ride.

My girl is BRAVE, y'all.




Questions of the Day:


-- Are you a roller coaster rider? Or do you prefer the more calm rides?
-- Do you get motion sickness?  I do in cars and on boats, but never have on a roller coaster.
-- What is the best ride you've ever been on?  I need some new favorites to try out.

PS - Don't forget to enter my giveaway if you're interested in some free food. The winner will be chosen tomorrow and so far your odds are really good. :)


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin