Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Book of Jonas

source

Last week I finished The Book of Jonas which I really enjoyed.  It reminded me of so many other books I've read in really odd ways.  For example, it reminded me of one of my very favorite books The Kite Runner in that it's about war and culture in the Middle East.  It reminded me of James Patterson's books in that the chapters are short, like one and a half pages each short, so it's easy to find a stopping place when you need it but it's also easy to read and read and read without stopping.  It also reminded me of The Rules of Inheritance, another BlogHer Book Club book I'd read recently, in that it's about loss and coping.

In any case, this book captivated me completely and it's was one of those books that I immediately wished I had someone to talk to about once I'd finished it.  I really hate spoilers so I'm not going to ask any of my questions or state any of my complaints here and instead I'll post comments over at the official Book Club page and I'll encourage you to join the conversation there as well. 

*This is a paid review for BlogHer Book Club but the opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin