Thursday, November 8, 2012

the erotic novel trend

As you may remember, I'm on an anniversary trip with my husband of ten years and I just finished reading a couple of the smuttiest of all romance books I've ever read.  The timing of this BlogHer Book Club selection was decent for me, but that's about all the decency there is with Reflected in You by Sylvia Day. 

Actually, I wondered why I made the cut for reviewing this book when I seemed to have missed so many of the other recent ones.  Is it because no one wanted to review an erotic novel?  Was it coincidence and I just beat everyone to the punch this time?  Either way, the story made a good paperback to take on vacation and if you can get past the fact that the starring couple is unmarried, hardly know each other, and have nothing more to their relationship than a very steamy sex life then maybe you'd like to pick up a copy.  I wouldn't recommend it for much other than a tenth anniversary travel book though it is topping the charts this week... so maybe the Fifty Shades knockoff is impressing others a little more than me.

Regardless, I have a copy of the first book in the series Bared to You to send to anyone interested.  Please leave a comment if you'd like to give it a try.  I'll mail it out sometime next week.

If you've read either (or both) of the first two books in the Crossfire Series please join me in the book club discussion here.

This is a paid review for BlogHer Book Club but the opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin