Wednesday, April 15, 2015

inspirational running quotes



Sayings to help you get through the miles:

Motivational Quotes
  • A run begins the moment you forget you are running. Adidas
  • A hero holds on one minute longer.
  • The feeling you get from a good run is far better than the feeling you get from sitting around wishing you’d run.
  • There is no one giant step that does it. It is a lot of little steps.
  • I may not be the strongest. I may not be the fastest. But I’ll be damned if I’m not trying my hardest.
  • When you feel like quitting think about why you started.
  • If you wait for the perfect conditions you’ll never get anything done.
  • The voice inside your head that says you can’t do this IS A LIAR.
  • It’s supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great.
  • Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.
  • Sometimes you just have to pull up your big girl panties and do it whether you want to or not.
  • Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will.
  • The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start.
  • Unless you puke, faint, or die KEEP GOING.
  • When someone tells you “you can’t” turn around and say “watch me.”
  • Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.
  • Don’t give up. Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.
  • Tough runs don’t last. Tough runners do.
  • Success isn't give. It’s earned.
  • Strive for progress, not perfection.
  • One day you will wake up and there won’t be any more time to do the things you've always wanted. Do it now.
  • Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret.
  • Let us fix our eyes on Jesus and run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Hebrews 12:1
  • No one can take away your finish line, even if they crossed it first.
  • “Don’t bite off more than you can chew.” Id’ rather choke on greatness than nibble on mediocrity.
  • Don’t give up what you want most, for what you want now.
  • Believe that you can and you’re hallway there. Theodore Roosevelt
  • The dream is free but the hustle is sold separately.
  • Excuses will always be there for you. Opportunity won’t.
  • If you can’t fly, then run. If you can’t run, then walk. If you can’t walk, then crawl, but whatever you do, you have to keep moving forward. MLK Jr.
  • Remember that guy that gave up? Neither does anybody else.
  • Old ways won’t open new doors.
  • The man on top of the mountain didn't fall there.
  • It’ll feel better when it stops hurting.
  • What if this were your only chance? Sure, it’ll be painful, but what’s pain? Franz Stampfl
  • Strength doesn't come from what you CAN do. It comes from overcoming the things you once thought you COULDN'T.
  • I don’t stop when I’m tired. I stop when I’m done.
  • The only thing you CAN'T do is STOP.

Words From Coach
I also copy the last email and pacing strategy from my Fleet Feet coach.

And finally, I make a list of 
People to Remember
This really helps me for some reason. It's kind of like praying for that person each mile, but also more like praying "God, help me not let this person down" or "God, thank you for this person and the influence they've had on me" etc. Very helpful!


I'd love to know:
What are your favorite motivational sayings?


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin