Tuesday, April 7, 2015

recipe roundup



These recipes I made recently are both winners! I'm trying to branch out a little bit from our same-old-same-old and these did the trick.

Dragon Noodles from Budget Bytes


Triple the sauce except for the sriracha, add a smidge of peanut butter, scallions, lime juice, and chopped peanuts. If you want, you can add chicken for some protein. My kids don't like spicy, but they will eat this.

my version


-----

This one I got from a friend's Facebook status and altered a bit to fit our likes/dislikes. I've never had Korean food, but I've smelled the Korean BBQ food truck and these pork tacos are what I would imagine that Korean BBQ tacos taste like. Delicious and so easy!

pork tenderloin
2 Tbsp hoisin
2 Tbsp soy sauce
2 cloves chopped fresh garlic
1 inch chopped or grated fresh ginger
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 - 2 Tbsp garlic chili paste (adjust as needed for heat level)

Dump ingredients in crock pot and cook all day. Serve with soft flour tortillas and slaw.




I'll definitely make both of these again and I encourage you to try them. What good food have you eaten (or better yet, made) lately?

Leave me some comment love!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin