Wednesday, September 29, 2010

stories

One night not too long ago we were eating dinner and I can't even remember what it was we were eating.  I just remember saying everything I could to encourage my turned-a-lot-pickier-than-she-used-to-be eater to get some chicken down.  She looked at us and plainly refused saying, "I'm just not a spicy eating girl."


-----


At a baby shower the other day for my cousin Julianna wouldn't come inside my mom's house to talk to everyone.  She was in a pretty foul mood and just played outside for the first few minutes.  When mom went out there to tell her that there were a lot of people inside who wanted to see her she said, "Well, you can tell them to come out here."


-----

Jules: Mama, I've got the best joke to tell you.
Me: Okay. what is it?
Jules: Knock, knock.
Me: Who's there?
Jules: Cow
Me: Cow who?
Jules: Why did the cow cross the road?
Me: Why?
Jules: To get to the other side.

-----

Julianna has become rather taken with Adam Sandler's movie Bedtime Stories and she'll request we put it on Netflix on demand pretty regularly.  One night at dinner Jonathan asked her, "Jules, do you think I look like the kids' uncle in Bedtime Stories? Some people say I do."  She thought about it for a minute and then she said, "No. He doesn't have a beard."  Mind you, it had only been about a day and a half since Jonathan had shaved so we got a good kick out of her response.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin