Wednesday, July 27, 2011

there's a good reason I never became a beauty consultant

Over a month ago, the kind folks at Mary Kay sent me a fun package.  I was so excited to see what it was.


 When I opened the box this is what I found.


 It was a gift bag full of fun products and a new catalog. 


 I received the Beautiful Brown Mineral Eye Color Bundle and Mineral Cheek Color.  It came with the three eye colors for brown eyes, cheek color, eye applicators, and the Mini Compact shown below.  I have to admit that this was a delight to assemble.  I'm not even a huge make-up wearer and I still had an absolute blast putting the colors in the compact.  It was like Christmas!  The make-up is held in by a magnet and then the eye color and cheek color palette lifts up to reveal the brushes tucked away underneath.  Score!



I've used this several times over the last month or so and I have to say that I'm enjoying it.  I'm getting better at applying the eye color [certainly not good enough to post a pic on the blog though!] and maybe learning a little about wearing make-up.  [Mom: Yes, I know it's about time! Yes, I realize I'm 33! Yes, I am enjoying taking better care of ME!]

Thanks Mary Kay and BlogHer!  Y'all are awesome!

1 comment:

RLR said...

Ooooh! I'm not a make-up gal, either, but this looks fun! When you have it down pat, you should post a primer about eye makeup application (and maybe then I'll confess my needs-improvement skincare/makeup routine).

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin