Friday, July 29, 2011

Well, I didn't win the contest that I was working on for my Top Secret Blog Project. Bummer!

BUT

I did finally get my birthday present hung on the wall.  [Yep, my birthday was in March.  Ahhhhh, well at least it's done.]

Here it is.  It's awesome! 



I've been struggling for months with all of my jewelry getting tangled up in piles in my jewelry box.  I actually have two jewelry boxes that sit on top of my dresser and it still isn't turning out to be adequate storage for all of my necklaces, bracelets, and rings.

Sell some of my jewelry, you say?  Well, I already did that back at my gold party in March.  I made over $300 and sold a few of the pieces I never wear anymore.  I still found that I wasn't wearing a lot of my necklaces because they were buried in a tangled pile of mess in my jewelry box. 

I knew I had to do something about it but I didn't want to spend money on yet another piece of furniture that we didn't even have the room for (like those freestanding jewelry boxes that a lot of people have these days).  I asked my mom if she'd make me a jewelry display board to hang on my bedroom wall and for my birthday she did!



She used an old frame she already had and then covered a cut piece of foam board with a piece of fabric. It fit right inside the frame.


I hung my necklaces and bracelets on push-pins I stuck into the foam board and then hung the entire thing on my wall.  It's so pretty and much, much easier to see all of my stuff now.  


Thanks, Mom!  You're the best!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin