Friday, December 23, 2011

And runnin' runnin' and runnin' runnin'

When my sister and I were growing up, if we ever had a little too much energy for my mom's liking she would often tell us to go run around the house a few times.  Most of the time we took her advice and actually did it.  We'd lace up our tennis shoes and head outside to literally circle the house several times no matter the temperature or time of day.

As Julianna has gotten older I've caught myself telling her the same thing a time or two.  After the incredulous stares she will usually go do it, but sometimes she complains and says she doesn't want to.

Tonight when I was putting her to bed she was telling me how she "just has too much energy" and she doesn't think she'll be able to sleep late in the morning because she's "just too hyper!"  To which I replied, "Well then in the morning we'll both get up and put on our running shoes and then go see who can run the most laps around the house."

She just looked at me for a minute and didn't say anything.  I continued, "I'm sure I can run more than you, after all I did run 15 laps on the track at school today while you sat there on the swings."  Her face lit up and she said, "Let's do it!  We can race!"  We gave each other high fives and goodnight kisses and Little Energy Girl went to bed.

And this exhausted Mama is going to go make sure she has her running shoes laid out before I collapse into bed myself.

Only two more nights 'til Christmas!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin