Tuesday, December 20, 2011

I'm bored! Let's take a survey!

I've seen this survey posted in various places around the blogosphere and I'm bored so I thought I'd take a second and post it too.  If you hate these kinds of things, feel free to click on.  Or play along and post on your blog if you'd like.  Merry Christmas!

-----

1. Eggnog or hot chocolate? I've actually never had eggnog, but I do love some hot chocolate.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? We argue about this in our house every year because it happened differently for my husband than it did for me.  Since I'm the one that does the wrapping so far our kids' presents from Santa have come unwrapped. ;o)

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? white this year, but we've done colored before

4. Do you hang mistletoe? nope

5. When do you hang your decorations up? We put them up at different times each year.  This year we put them up Thanksgiving weekend.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? It varies from year to year.  Some years I like the mac and cheese, sometimes the hashbrown casserole and sometimes it's other side dishes.  Usually it's a carb of some sort though.

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? I'm not sure why but I can vividly remember the year I got several cassette tapes in my stocking.  Embarrassingly enough they were George Michael's Faith album and Michael Jackson's Bad album. I'm not sure that this would constitute my "favorite" memory, but it's what I can think of right now.



8. What is on your Christmas wish list? a Garmin Forerunner 305, race entry fees, a free babysitter, a kitten, and a Master's degree ;o)



9. Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve? My sister and I always opened a new pair of PJs on Christmas Eve and I've carried on the tradition with my kids.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Most of our ornaments were ours from childhood given to us by our parents.  We also have quite a few news ones that were given to our kids by Jonathan's mom.  When I decorate I put all the delicate ornaments on the upper branches and give the non-breakable ones to my kids to put on the lower branches.

11. Snow? Love it or dread it? I'm a teacher. What do you think?

source


12. Real tree or fake tree? REAL!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Another one that's hard to answer!  I can remember so many good gifts!  I think since I like to buy my own gifts I would probably say my favorites were always the $100 bills my late grandfather used to give all of the grandkids every year.

14. What is the most important thing about Christmas for you? It's definitely spending quality time with my family.



15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? It's a tough choice between my mom's fudge or pumpkin crisp

16. What is your favorite tradition? opening pajamas on Christmas Eve and shopping with the girls on Black Friday so that we can laugh at the people buying big screen TVs and toilet paper at one in the morning



17. What tops your tree? This year we have an angel on top but sometimes we put a star.

18. Do you prefer giving or receiving? This is a really hard question for me.  I am probably one of the few people who doesn't like opening gifts.  I'd rather just by my presents for myself and I don't like people watching me open presents.  I also dislike buying gifts for other people unless they are really close to me.  I think I put too much pressure on myself to really find a gift that I think they would like.  Go ahead and call me Scrooge.

19. What is your favorite Christmas song? O Come All Ye Faithful is my all time favorite.  I can't hear that song without thinking of watching Beaches with my sister though.



20. Candy canes, yuck or yum? I can take 'em or leave 'em. But I love peppermint ice cream, cookies, and mochas.

21. Favorite Christmas movie? How the Grinch Stole Christmas (cartoon version)

22. What do you leave for Santa? cookies and milk

23. Do you have a Christmas morning tradition? Not really.  We just watch the kids open presents in our PJs and then eat breakfast with my parents.

24. Do you prefer to shop on-line or at the mall? I love to shop either way although I can't stand looking for parking spots at the mall so if I had to choose I'd probably say online.  As mentioned above, Black Friday is a whole other story.

25. Christmas letter or Christmas card? photo card




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin