Saturday, December 17, 2011

first round of Christmas down

We spent the majority of the day today at my Mom and Dad's house celebrating Christmas with my Mom's family.  There was lots of fun, plenty of family, and tons and tons of food.  I made this Kahlua cake I found on Pinterest (follow me?) and it was delicious.

Source

Instead of exchanging gifts we purchased a few things for a family who has much less than we do and delivered the presents this afternoon.  We did exchange a few little gifts among the babies in the family and we attempted to get a group shot of all of the great-grandkids (although now that my grandparents are gone maybe I should say grandkids? still, it doesn't sound right).


The best part about the day was just spending time together.  I'm glad my dad got to be there even if it was only for a little while.   My mom is glad to have "her year" over and I'm actually looking forward to my turn in two years.


 Now I only have three more days of school and then three more big Christmas events and I'll be done with a capital D.  Not that I'm excited about Christmas being over or anything, I'm just ready to have some me time and a little relaxation before heading back to work.

Hope you all are having a great weekend!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin