Thursday, May 17, 2012

where she went

source

When BlogHer and Penguin Publishing sent me Where She Went and I saw that it was the second book in a series I just had to check with the library to get If I Stay and read it first.  It was a decent book (and a very short read), but I was anxious to finish it as it wasn't as all-consuming as some of the more recent books I'd read.

The first book was narrated by a high school senior named Mia and the second in the series was narrated by her boyfriend Adam from the first book.  The change in perspective and the fact that this second book takes place several years in the future is refreshing.  I also liked the second book better in that it switched back and forth between present time and flashbacks at chapter changes.  I don't want to spoil anything about the book so I won't say much more except to say that it's hard to read a book when the simple fact that it has a sequel gives away the dramatic ending (yet in a way it really doesn't give away the ending which also makes it easy to want to quickly start in on the second book).

Check out the Book Club over at BlogHer to see what everyone else is saying about Where She Went.

This is a paid review for BlogHer Book Club but the opinions expressed are my own. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin