Thursday, May 3, 2012

you have no idea

I read this book recently called You Have No Idea written by Vanessa Williams and her mother Helen Williams.  It was sent to me for Blog Her Book Club and it was exactly the type of book I usually avoid: celebrity autobiography.  The fact that I never really cared for Vanessa Williams set my expectations pretty low but for whatever reason, this book captivated me from the first chapter.

With most autobiographies I just want to read the beginning and the end and I long for someone to just tear out the middle few hundred pages.  I didn't have that feeling with this book though.  I found it to be just the right length and read every word of it without wanting to skim.

Both Vanessa and her mother were entertaining and I found them easy to relate to.  I learned a lot about Vanessa's life that I wouldn't have otherwise known and much to my surprise it was pretty interesting.  The pictures scattered throughout were nice too.

I was curious as to why they never mentioned the song that I most associate with Vanessa Williams ("Colors of the Wind" from Pocohontas) but maybe they weren't permitted by Disney or something.  Anyway, a very good read for an autobiography. I'd recommend it.

source


This is a paid review for BlogHer Book Club but the opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin