Thursday, February 21, 2013

A Good American

I've traveled to France, Mexico, and England and to many different cities in between but the only place I truly felt like a real foreigner was in France.  [Those snooty French sure know how to make a young girl feel lost, lonely, and inferior.]  At any rate, all of my travels were only for short visits and I cannot imagine up and moving with my husband to another country to start a family and a new life.  [I know people do it all the time but can you even imagine becoming a mother for the first time without the help of your own mom? GAH!]

That's what Frederick does in Alex George's novel A Good American.  He and his pregnant wife move all the way across the world as newlyweds and try to take the advice of a man who helps them along the way.  They try to be "good Americans."  If you want to learn more we're discussing this book over at BlogHer's Book Club page.

source

I finished this book in three days which was quite a feat for a slow reader like myself.  I really enjoyed it and how easily I could relate to the characters.  I encourage you to check it out!

"This is a paid review for BlogHer Book Club but the opinions expressed are my own."




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin