Monday, February 3, 2014

Facebook, iPhone, general tech thoughts and bloggy randomness

Facebook turns ten tomorrow.  Let that sink in just a little bit.

The iPhone is almost seven. My daughter is a few weeks away from eight.

My students all have passwords that end in 2001, 2002, and 2003 because that's when they were born and I don't get to see dozens of Power Point presentations on Christina Aguilera, 'N Sync, and Michael Jackson anymore.  Instead I am entertained with facts about Minecraft, Ariana Grande, and foamposites.

-----

Do people even read blogs regularly anymore? With the death of Google Reader, and the fact that not many other RSS feed readers have really become as universal, it seems as though people are only getting their web content via social media. Am I wrong?  Please, if you're reading this let me know how you got here.

I never push my blog posts through to Facebook or Pinterest or Instagram or whatever. Until recently I've always just wanted people to be able to CHOOSE to follow my blog if they wanted and still have the option of following ME separately, but with the way things are changing, I am beginning to re-evaluate that.  According to Google Analytics, very little of my traffic comes from Feedly and more comes directly from Google which means that people are searching for whatever to land at my blog.  I don't really care about that I just wondered how people are reading blogs now. Do you think it is mostly through social media or do you think people are still keeping up with particular blogs with some kind of feed reader or with old school bookmarks?



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin