Thursday, December 11, 2014

deck the halls

We got a small Christmas tree this year and put it up last Sunday. Jonathan hates it. I'm actually very thankful. It's just as pretty and was a lot less work. We spent less money and at the last minute decided to put it up on a stand so it would look taller but this actually created more room to put the gifts underneath which I totally love. Some think redneck tackiness, I think simple, easy, beautiful.



I'd recommend it.

I just need to get some presents wrapped and under it.

This year Thanksgiving fell later than usual and that means there's less time between Thanksgiving and Christmas. It made it seem like we were really late getting our tree up and decorated on December 8th.

Josh put out his favorite little Charlie Brown characters and danced along with them for hours.



We don't have anything decorated outside really besides a wreath on the front door and small porch trees on either side of the front door. Some of my favorite decorations include our stockings, my Fontanini nativity set that I've has as my own since I was a kid, of course lots of different ornaments, and I'm sure Jonathan would say his favorite was his crocheted stocking from childhood that our cat shredded years ago while we were at the beach.

Josh is begging for outdoor lights and Jonathan actually told him that was a possibility. I almost died.

I'd love to get one of these Christmas signs but they're pretty expensive.



I'd love to hear about how you're decorating for the holidays this year.

Have you done anything different? What's your favorite decoration?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin