Tuesday, March 3, 2015

overheard

Jules: What's acceleration?
Me: Acceleration or Exhilaration?
Jules: A-C-C-E-L...
Me: OK, that's a speed boost, getting faster, increasing speed
Jonathan: shaking his head
Me: It's not? What is it then?
Jonathan: Speed is distance over time and acceleration is changing distance over time but increasing. Deceleration would be decreasing.
Me: Yes, that's what I said. Increasing speed.
Jonathan: Well, now what's velocity?
Me: A dinosaur.
Jonathan: I thought you were going to reference Felicity, the TV show from the 90s.

-----


We were eating chicken tenderloin for dinner discussing what it was and Julianna says, "We can just get some duck tape (not chicken tape, duck tape) and put it back together."


-----


"Why's it called a treadmill?"
"I don't know, Josh. We can look it up when you're done."
"I think that's because it's dreadful... although I'm still not sure what dreadful means."


-----


"Graylyn S Tat, Graylyn S Tat, Graylyn..."
"What is she saying?"
"It's just something I'm going to look up on Google maps when we get home."


-----


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin