Friday, January 26, 2007

positive thoughts for Friday

I just read this and now (if even for only a few minutes) I have renewed motivation. About ten minutes ago I would have eaten 30 chocolate chip cookies had they been in front of me. Anyway, if it takes me a year to lose the next 21 pounds then it’ll just have to take a year because I’M NOT GIVING UP!

I went out to dinner last night for ladies night out which is always fun. I had a great meal, but ate just a small portion and didn’t get dessert. I’ve lost a total of 13 pounds and I have 21 to go. Weekends are always so hard to so I have to get myself psyched up today to do well over the next two days. Oh well. The good news is that my BMI has dropped to 25.07 which is totallyabsolutelyfreakingawesome. Anything under 25 is “normal” weight; a BMI above 25 is “overweight.”

It’s all hard work, but I’m determined. I have made running a priority in my life over the last seven weeks. Surely if I have already done it seven weeks then I can do it seven more, right? And I only have to run 2.75 miles tomorrow and then 3 on Tuesday. I am thinking about extending my training for the 10K to repeat every week on the training schedule two times before moving up to the next week. This way it will take a lot longer, but I am excited about changing my lifestyle as a result of doing this over the long run instead of as a quick fix. I am hoping that as the author of that article said, the more running that I do, the more I will become a runner.

Fortunately (and unfortunately), I am not losing my motivation to run, but just my motivation to eat well. I just love food too much. It is such a large part of my life. BUT I also love control. I am a control-FREAK! (my family can attest to that) and I am trying to teach myself that if I can control my eating habits then that will be just as fun as controlling any other part of my life. It’ll be a good thing.

Hmmmmm… that’s all the thoughts I have for now. Thanks for the free therapy session!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin