Saturday, January 26, 2008

stories

I've been helping my mom clean out and pack up her house as their move is approaching and quite often I've had Julianna with me. This poses a variety of, um, challenges. One of the things we were packing early this week was some of the Christmas decorations and Nanna gave Jules part of a small Avon nativity set that she had found. As these things go, she of course couldn't immediately find the whole set, but Julianna entertained herself with the three wise men for quite a while. On the way back to my parents house yesterday morning Julianna politely inguired, "Nanny find Jesus?" and then demanded, "Nanny find Jesus!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

During another cleaning episode, Julianna was found rummaging through a bag of bathroom toiletries and such that we have put in the "toss" pile. When I asked her what she was doing, she came straight across to the room I was in and when I looked up I saw that she had her hands in her pockets and two Q-tips hanging out of her ears.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One day recently I was sitting on the couch working on the computer and I heard the door open to the garage. I thought someone had come in so I called out, "Hello?"

No answer.

Then I heard the pitter patter of Julianna's feet and she came running up to me and said, "Jules let Simon out."

She's been able to open doors for a little while now, but it's getting very fluid now to where the sound of it could be anyone opening and closing the door. I just can't believe she knew to open the door for the cat.

1 comment:

Miss Grace said...

That story about the q-tips really brightened my afternoon :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin