Tuesday, August 25, 2009

404


You may have seen that my sister and one of her best friends completed the Ramblin' Rose Triathlon this past weekend. We went to cheer her on and were all really impressed. They both were amazing!

In case you don't know, a triathlon consists of a 250 yard pool swim, a 9 mile bike ride, and a 2 mile run. I have never witnessed a triathlon before and it was definitely cool. There are staggered start times based on your expected performance so that they can get everyone through the pool.

My sister started out as number 404 and she finished as number 178. She was passing people like crazy in the pool and at one point she even stopped swimming because she kept getting kicked by the girl in front of her. Despite falling off her bike and bruising her tailbone considerably a couple of weeks ago she didn't let a single person pass her on the bike ride. She said she struggled for the first mile on the run but still she completed the entire race in 1 hour and 8 minutes. Impressive.


Her strong finish is one of the best I've seen and I've seen her participate in many different race events. It seems that a triathlon might be her thing. I am so proud of her and she has become such an inspiration to me. Just the training that she did to get ready for this event was almost unimaginable to me in this huge body I've been carrying around lately and I hope she is as thrilled with herself as I am with the amount of dedication she put into completing it. Way to go, sis!


4 comments:

Southern Savvy said...

I'm very impressed!

Nanna said...

Whit, you ARE awesome! Way to go!

Whitney said...

Awwwww. You are so sweet!

Unknown said...

I'm so proud of you guys, great job!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin