Wednesday, April 13, 2011

financial update

I've talked a lot here before about wanting to save up money for a nice vacation and quite honestly, I don't know why I didn't start doing this earlier.  My goal was to save $300 a month for the entire year and keep it in a separate savings account. Somehow I've managed to do just that.

Actually I have about $150 extra. Yay me!  It's only April and I have saved just short of $1350.  That's a quarter of the year to save 37.5% of my vacation fund goal.

I've set my student loan payment amounts to draft into that savings account as each year of debt is paid off so that's money that I don't even miss because I'm used to paying it each month.  Then I've also been depositing any additional cash I get throughout the month immediately into that account.  It's getting harder and harder to find extra cash, but I'm still managing to somehow stay on track with my goal of $300 a month.

I should have $3600 by the end of the year and I am excited.  I wish it were easier to save, but I know that that vacation is going to be well worth every penny.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin