Sunday, November 20, 2011

playing catch up

I realize I've left a lot of things open-ended lately.  This post is just for playing catch up.

For Halloween, Jonathan wore a hat and godawful overalls and called himself a farmer.  Julianna dressed as a devil while Josh and I were a big witch and a little witch.  We decorated the house with monster posters we copied from an idea on Pinterest and we had our annual neighborhood weenie roast before trick or treating.

Intimidating, aren't they?




We spent a short but sweet weekend just before Halloween in Banner Elk with my grandmother.  Mama Lou fed us popcorn, bananas, and country ham.  I got to take my kids out in the paddle boats that I fondly remember going out in with my dad years and years ago and enjoy the beautiful views of Grandfather.











I was reminded a few weeks ago that my teaching license is up for renewal in June.  This means that I have to have a lot of CEUs by then.  The requirement was just changed so that we no longer get credits for our years teaching but we still have to take professional development classes for credits.  I have spent two Saturdays and two Tuesdays sitting in classes for renewal credits.  This has included creating lesson plans for subs and all that goes along with that (read: lots of work!) not to mention lots of drives to Greensboro and the bad part is that I STILL need around 3 CEUs (or 30 hours) of professional development by June.  I guess that's what I get for not taking classes those few years when I stayed home with Jules.

Questions of the Day:  


-Read any good books lately?  Seen any good movies?  
I still haven't seen The Help although I read the book ages ago and was excited to see the movie.  I've got a reading catch-up post coming up as soon as I can get it written.

-Does your job require any kind of continuing education? How do you keep up with it?

-Did you dress up for Halloween?






No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin