Tuesday, November 22, 2011

what I'm reading... with only five and a half weeks left this year...

I've tried to keep up my reading for fun despite my busyness and I've finished a few books lately including The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake, Shanghai Girls, I Am Number Four, The Power of Six, and Winter Garden.  My goal was to read at least forty books this year (a little less than one a week) and I think I'm going to fall just short of that goal but we'll see.



The lemon cake book was rather strange.  I enjoyed it, but it's not much like anything I've read before.




I was totally hooked on the Pittacus Lore series after the first book, but the second book made me mad and I'm not raving about it all that much anymore.  Even so, I WILL see the movie and I absolutely cannot WAIT for the Hunger Games movie to come out in March.  Have you seen the trailer?  Also, this past weekend my sweet husband took me to see Breaking Dawn and I just knew it would be delightful.  I was not wrong.



Sorry.  I went off on a little tangent there.  Winter Garden was pretty good.  It reminded me a lot of Kristen Hannah's other books though and Shanghai Girls was decent.  However, I'm sure a lot of people have already read it.



Next up on my agenda is Sarah's Key, Unbroken, Feed, and Divergent.

-Have you seen Breaking Dawn?  Love it? Hate it? Forget about it?


-What is the best book you've read recently?


-Have you ever been to the movies and had a couple sitting next to you making out the whole time?  We did just this past weekend and the theater was packed of course, so we couldn't move.  It was so gross and they didn't seem to mind all of the looks we were giving them.

*all pictures of book covers are from Amazon.com

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin