Friday, October 26, 2012

smartphone stuff and a random slow Friday afternoon question

I wrote a post a few months ago about why I love my android smartphone and I just read this article today.  I have to say, I am not at all surprised that Samsung is outselling Apple. 

I also recently read that the large number of negative comments about the iPhone 5 on the website fmylife.com made it the number one trending topic associated with the hashtag #FML.  If you're not familiar with the site, basically it's just a place where people can complain about life and I think it's pretty funny that the iPhone 5 was a trending topic there.

The bottom line is: I still love my android smartphone.  I just don't get why having an iPhone is such a status symbol.  Clearly people are buying the Galaxy and loving it.

But at my sister-in-law's shower the other week several people laughed when my daughter declared, "My mom won't pay for apps." 

I get it. I really do. I mean, I know a lot of people love their iPhones. I just still don't get why people are so willing to pay for apps and songs and ebooks and other features that android phones have for free. 

...

Samsung is releasing a Galaxy S III Mini soon and has recently won battles in court with Apple regarding tablet patents.  I don't know about you, but I'm thinking about investing less in Apple and more in Samsung.

Heck, if the Galaxy is good for nothing else, it at least beats the iPhone in the blender test.

-----

Random question:  I have lots and lots of 1-4 year olds to buy Christmas presents for this year.  Gift suggestions?  Also, how about reasonably priced gifts for 6 year old boys and 15 year old boys?  Just gift cards for the older ones?


1 comment:

merritt said...

I have a standard gift I give to every child turning 2 or 3. I give each one an awesome fun Christian placemat from Tabletop Truths (they are on blogspot under that name). I order 8 at a time and keep them in my stash so when a birthday comes up, I just have them. Now that I've cycled through the whole year, I need to find another new standard for all of F's friends, especially. Whit's friends will get the placemats in 2 years. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin