Wednesday, October 3, 2012

O-C-T-O-B-E-R

I love October.  It's probably the busiest month of the year for me, but it's also probably my favorite.  Some of the things I look forward to in October include:

  • the visible reminder of God's amazing creations everywhere you look outside
  • the Dixie Classic Fair
  • being able to put out fall decorations
  • chili in the crock-pot
  • cooler weather (jeans, boots, and scarves!)
  • our anniversary
  • roasting hot dogs and s'mores
  • Josh's birthday
  • pumpkin crisp!
  • excuse to dress up and eat candy (Halloween)
  • painting pumpkins (and sometimes carving them)
  • the end of first quarter at school
  • yummy seasonal flavors of coffee creamer
We've already been to the fair (which I'll post about soon) and gotten the fall decorations out.  I'm still waiting on the rest of the good things in coming weeks, but I'm so excited!  Best yet, Jonathan and I leave for our anniversary trip in just a few weeks. I can't wait! All you moms of littles out there know how much we need it.

Anyway, it used to be that the summer months were my favorite and I still enjoy them a lot, but the older I get the more I like the fall.  Does that make me officially OLD? Whatever, October is where it's at! (Sorry about the misplaced preposition, Mom!)

October is also breast cancer awareness month.  It seems like every month lately I add another person to the list of who I know fighting cancer.  On that note, I'd like to ask you to please pray for my mother-in-law today as she enters another step of cancer treatment and then isolation for a while.  Please pray for my friend, Malika who just had a double mastectomy and please continue prayers for my friend Vinny who continues his almost five-year battle.


What do you love about October?
Who do you know fighting cancer?


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin